Skip to main content

Change your Thoughts to Change your Life

I call it “The Time to Charge the Self.”

You can be a good parent, a committed high-paying executive, an attentive child, a responsible spouse and a happy person with time for hobbies. How on earth is this possible? Stop creating waste thoughts and begin integration of your mind with the self.


Begin with a clear view of what you are – and what you can contribute to every domain of your life – self, home, work and the community. Carefully consider the type of thoughts you create each moment, without ever thinking the repercussions -  and think if all that you bring into mind is that important. Experiment with some minor changes – try SOS – Stand, Observe, Steer – during your normal day routine, take a break from whatever you are doing (this exercise doesn’t take more than 10 seconds), observe your thoughts and steer them in the direction you want. It is important because most of the times you would just not know what is going on in your mind.


Over a period of time, we all have become keenly attached to the perceptions that we’ve created that our mind has become accustomed to accept that as a reality. When thoughts go on for long without getting checked, they become habits – and that’s how we develop tendencies we don’t like in ourselves. Anger, frustration, depression, aggression etc. are the tendencies which are not normal and have been developed out of irrational thinking.


So if you want to change the self, change your habits and for that you’ll have to change your thoughts. It will happen only if you develop the habit of sitting with yourself – or in other words meditate.


People generally confuse meditation with a difficult process. It is in fact, a simple procedure which involves taming the mind to see what you think. In other words, it involves raising your visualisation to a point that you are able to create a scene in front of you of every thought that you create. Since visualisation is a slower process, it will instinctively reduce the frequency of your thoughts, thereby forcing the unwanted beliefs and theories leave your mind.


I can see that some of you might be hesitant to begin this. But if you can pull this off, you can ramp up your mental insight to win your own personal race of existence. So - good luck and I hope you have a healthy life ahead.

Comments

Sunaina Magga said…
Nitima - how do you suggest I change my thoughts if I've been through a personal tragedy that's hard to forget?


Robbie said…
HI, Nitima,
your techniques, simple truths and quotes are inspiring and great.
thank you
Debbie said…
Good info. Lucky me I recently found your website by chance (stumbleupon). I’ve saved it for later!
Kelly Crewson said…
I confirm that actually on putting the material advise into action, it does work. It is working for me as I have put it into practice
Ram said…
Today – I woke up for my morning workout, first time in my life. I have been going through the material and trying everything that I ccould, tweaking things that work for me but I wasn’t feeling it until I started my workout today. I wokeup at 5 a.m. started driving at 5:20 and had a fantastic workout till about 6:45. I was at work at 7.
I noticed that my confidence level has gone up. My grasping has improved and hopefully, I will not have to take a nap at work :).
Another thing I noticed was that I am concentrating on myself BEFORE going to work and not AFTER because I always went to gym after my work hours. This is an amazing feeling boys..so GO GET IT DONE and be prepared for game changing surprises today. Go
nitima!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Demystifying The 4:00 am Morning Routine

What happens when you get up early? That’s a question I have researched many times. I like getting up early and knowing that it does good for my body & mood; I get that extra strength to keep this habit. In this article, I explore some of the deeper mysteries of how the mind works when it is activated earlier than usual. Hope you feel as inspired reading it as much as I loved writing it. Making the morning routine To those who can get up early without setting alarm, I say you are blessed. Not many have that much of control over the self. To me, the greatest thing that made me develop this habit was reframing my idea of it. I had tried everything. From putting up a running gear in bed for the morning to setting puzzles as the alarm on the phone, I did it all. Some days I got up before the alarm even rang, but other days were a pain. I slogged out of bed, put down the alarm, and slept again. The intoxicating morning sleep had me in its ever-long grasps. Every night I wo

Kasab - Our National Guest

Mumbai attacks, The Burning Taj and Kasab Our national guest - Ajmal Amir Kasab has turned 2 in our custody. People celebrate birthdays but we will celebrate this anniversary by opening our borders, by applauding our enemies and by sending a lists of wanted terrorists to our dear neighbour, most of whom are already with us.  Well folks, that's India. We'll keep Ajmal Amir Kasab as our guest. Who cares if he killed people. They get killed everyday. India loves you darling. Our slogan is - "Atithi Devo Bhava". Your stay expenses are on us. Please eat, sleep and live a relaxed life. After all, how many of your brothers get a chance to shed innocent blood? Kasab ji and his wishes  India is a rich state. We have given you lawyer for free. We will give you all the comforts till you live. We don't have money to feed our own people but don't worry. You are our nation's priority so we give you security which is more than what 99% of Indians & forei

International Literacy Day