Leadership means that you do everything thinking that you are zero. Its only then you begin to see the bigger picture. And if you ever get a feeling that you know everything – start counting your days to gloom.
To be a leader, you need to –
- Let go of your past.
- Leadership makes you forgive others for their mistakes and love them as your own
- Maintain your health – it is your biggest asset.
- Leaders are authentic communicators
- Read and read more. Books are our best friends, really and they make leaders.
- Develop a habit of writing journals to record good ideas, lessons learned and dreams to be executed on.
- Run your own race. Leadership isn't about following the mob and being like everyone else. That's followership.
- Be ethical – maintain immaculate reputation
- Micheal adds: Try to keep friends with all people. Everyone has a right to an opinion.
That’s my list for being a leader – add if you know anything worth mentioning about leadership.