Skip to main content

Knowing your worth

I read a quote on Amitabh Bachhan’s blog:

“You cannot insult me with inferiority unless I allow you to. Why must I feel inferior to anyone? Unless I succumb to the fact that I am inferior, you will not be able to insult me.”


Wonderful thought - makes you feel strong and evokes self esteem in a big way.

There is nothing wrong in taking pride in your work if you know that your skills can compete globally. Having respect for whatever we do for living is necessary as without it attitude cannot be developed. This quote provoked my innermost feelings and made me realise that we are indeed no less than any other unless we ourselves think that we are. It puts back your confidence on you by making you believe that we must work towards making ourselves so accomplished that no other can stand before us with superiority. If you are weak and less competent and admit that you are, then others will make you feel inferior, but if we are tough, capable and believe that we are, then we also believe that we are not inferior to anyone.

Giving our consent weakens us. So make yourselves resolute, determined and conscious of values that you follow in life. Start saying ‘I can’, instead of ‘I will try’. There should be absolutely no room for doubt and uncertainty.

Comments

naina said…
Hi Nitima,

I like to do something for increasing greenry around the place I live at. Being a person conducts workshops and training sessions on enviornmental issues, I came across your post of 'staying positive'. I am working on a presentation and was searching for few catchy lines and your post has made it so easy for me.

To further support the 'Go Green' movement, I recently brought a electric bike from R Martin Bikes, and love the way it runs. Since my workplace is slightly far from my home I used to travel by a car, but now the enviornmentalist in me takes pride in using a zero pollution vehicle.

Nice to see other people sharing views to promote this cause. I'll be back to read more. Till then,

HAppy blogging
Anonymous said…
Every human being is prescious. There is no such thing as an inferior or superior human being.

Having said that, it is our voluntary actions, the content of our character, our Karma, that determines the moral and spiritual progress and the worthiness of each individual.

Allah'u'Abha

Popular posts from this blog

Demystifying The 4:00 am Morning Routine

What happens when you get up early? That’s a question I have researched many times. I like getting up early and knowing that it does good for my body & mood; I get that extra strength to keep this habit. In this article, I explore some of the deeper mysteries of how the mind works when it is activated earlier than usual. Hope you feel as inspired reading it as much as I loved writing it. Making the morning routine To those who can get up early without setting alarm, I say you are blessed. Not many have that much of control over the self. To me, the greatest thing that made me develop this habit was reframing my idea of it. I had tried everything. From putting up a running gear in bed for the morning to setting puzzles as the alarm on the phone, I did it all. Some days I got up before the alarm even rang, but other days were a pain. I slogged out of bed, put down the alarm, and slept again. The intoxicating morning sleep had me in its ever-long grasps. Every night I wo

Kasab - Our National Guest

Mumbai attacks, The Burning Taj and Kasab Our national guest - Ajmal Amir Kasab has turned 2 in our custody. People celebrate birthdays but we will celebrate this anniversary by opening our borders, by applauding our enemies and by sending a lists of wanted terrorists to our dear neighbour, most of whom are already with us.  Well folks, that's India. We'll keep Ajmal Amir Kasab as our guest. Who cares if he killed people. They get killed everyday. India loves you darling. Our slogan is - "Atithi Devo Bhava". Your stay expenses are on us. Please eat, sleep and live a relaxed life. After all, how many of your brothers get a chance to shed innocent blood? Kasab ji and his wishes  India is a rich state. We have given you lawyer for free. We will give you all the comforts till you live. We don't have money to feed our own people but don't worry. You are our nation's priority so we give you security which is more than what 99% of Indians & forei

International Literacy Day