Any good psychologist will tell you that one of the deepest needs of human beings is the need to belong. We are happiest when we feel connected to others – by being a part of a community. Anywhere across the world, staying aloof is not a very admirable choice. All of us want family and friends on whom we can depend during life’s happiness and sorrows. If we are happy, we need someone to share our joy with, and if sad we need a shoulder to depend on. Even in corporate world, top performing businesses make it a priority to build successful relationships with their customers to promote communication and collaboration.
Here is a list of few simple ideas for maintaining superb relationships.
1. Be the most positive person you know.
2. Be candid and never lie.
3. Give more that what you can take.
4. Say Please, Kindly and Thank you as many times you can.
5. Leave people better than you found them.
6. Be a world-class listener
7. Become passionately interested in other people.
8. Learn to ‘let it go’ and discover the joy in forgiving others for their mistakes.
9. Preach less, observe more.
10. Smile, stay happy and keep a cheerful face.
And here is a bonus point for you – Treat everyone with respect – always. Respect is one of the main ingredient to healthy relationships and definitely a very powerful law that can change the way you live.